As a way of keeping in touch with each other, as we’re missing each other loads during lockdown, we organised a huge team zoom quiz to keep spirits high! Each of us wrote up a round of 5 questions, so there was a lot of variation. It was lots of fun and a great way to see everyone!
It seems that everyone is using quizzes to stay in contact with friends and family (fun fact – the UK is one of the most quiz obsessed countries in the world!) So if you’re looking for a new quiz to use, you can find ours below (the answers can be downloaded at the bottom!)
If you take part please do share your scores with us in the comments or tweet us @CitywireEvents
R1 – Celebrity Scandals
- Who was arrested for lewd behaviour in LA in 1998?
- Which of Michael Jackson’s children was dangled over a balcony at the Adlon hotel in 2002?
- Who did Elizabeth Taylor marry twice? The first time after a doubly adulterous affair on the set of the film Cleopatra in 1961?
- Which Kardashian spent $10 million rebranding her shapewear fashion line in 2019 after being widely accused of cultural appropriation?
- Who is rumoured to be Prince Harry’s real father?
R2 – Space
- What was Laika the soviet space dog famous for?
a. First animal to survive space travel
b. First animal to orbit the earth
c. First animal to reach outer space
- In 2006, what was Pluto reclassified as?
a. A dwarf planet
b. An asteroid
c. A planetoid
- Which is the biggest planet in the solar system?
- How many moons does Venus have?
- How old is Earth?
a. 1.2 billion y/o
b. 4.5 billion y/o
c. 13.8 billion y/o
R3 – History
- Which city was home to the first production line in the world?
- Who discovered Anti Biotics?
- Which country developed democracy?
- Who was Elizabeth I’s mother?
- Who was buried in the most expensive coffin?
R4 – Logos
R5 – Who said that? (Homer Simpson or Donald Trump)
- People can come up with statistics to prove anything…14% of all people know that.
- I feel like a supermodel but like x10.
- It takes two to lie, one to lie and one to listen.
- TV respects me, it laughs with me not at me.
- I understand debt…I understand debt probably better than anyone.
R6 – Name the Scientist?
R7 – Food + Drink
- If you were ‘tasting the rainbow’, what would you be eating?
- If I am eating a South African Koeksister, am I eating:
a. a cake
b. a sausage
c. a stew
- What is the favoured food of Paddington Bear?
- What is the most expensive spice in the world?
- Which country drinks the most beer per annum?
R8 – Disney
- Who is the youngest Disney Princess?
- Who was the only Disney main character who didn’t talk throughout the entire film?
- Which Moana song was an Oscar nominee for Best Original Song?
- In The Jungle Book, who teaches Mowgli about the bare necessities of life?
- Cinderella’s glass slipper fell off which foot?
R9 – Animals
- Which animal never sleeps?
- Which animal’s eye is bigger than it’s brain?
- What’s the name of Nemo’s dad?
- What does a butterfly use to taste?
- What is the largest mammal?
R10 – Math
- What is four-fifths as a decimal?
- What is the volume of a cube which has edges measuring 5cm?
- How many months are there in 12 years?
- What is the next number in the series: 2, 9, 30, 93,…?
- What is nine-tenths of 2000?
R11 – South Africa
- Africa makes up what percentage of the worlds total landmass?
- Which of these rivers flow into the Indian Ocean?
- What is the closest living relative of a Hippo?
- How many muscles are there in an elephant’s trunk?
- Timbuktu is in which country?